Benefits of Student/Trainee Membership
- Affiliate with one of our 16 Scientific Councils.
- (Optional) Affiliate with a second council for an additional $50/year.
Conferences and Education
Save on Scientific Conferences and Education including:
- Up to $50 off Scientific Sessions registration
- Up to $300 off specialty conference registration
- Up to $100 off International Stroke Conference registration
- Up to $100 off symposia
- Complimentary access to Science OnDemand® products, up to $300 value (restrictions apply*)
- Substantial discounts to print AHA scientific journal subscriptions AHA scientific journals
- 20 percent off on a selection of LWW Titles (opens in a new window)
- 25 percent off Wiley-Blackwell books, including books in the AHA Clinical Series (opens in a new window)
AHA Learning Library (For an additional $84/year)
Access to the online AHA Learning Library including:
- Access to seven online AHA scientific journals of your choice (full text)
- Substantial discounts to online AHA scientific journal subscriptions
- Online access to non-AHA affiliated journals
- Access to CME credits through the AHA Journals CME program.*
*The American Heart Association designates each CME course in Circulation and Stroke for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Visit AHA Journals CME program to access courses today. The American Heart Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The CME program is not available to institutional subscribers.
- Discounted article publication charges for accepted articles in JAHA – Journal of the American Heart Association, the AHA/ASA’s Open Access journal. Members save $500 with discount code.
- The AHA research grant application fee is waived for members. You can apply on the AHA Research Program site
- E-mail updates tailored to deliver subspecialty content dealing with clinical and/or research topics, news releases, recent articles, "hot" news, etc.
- Opportunity to apply for scholarships and travel grants to AHA/ASA scientific meetings
- Opportunity to be a part of mentoring programs and other career development opportunities