COC OPERATING RULES FOR COUNCIL ENDOWMENTS
- Although some current endowments were established with smaller donations than are now permitted, these endowments will be left intact.
- Councils are encouraged to seek traditional means of funding in lieu of establishing endowments. However, if traditional funding channels are not effective for a particular project, endowment investments will be considered.
- Future endowments must meet the $25,000 minimum as stipulated in AHA policies.
- Future endowments should come from a single donor or organization instead of multiple donations from individuals contributing small portions of the required minimum amount or a greater sum.
- To ensure compliance with AHA standards, any Council wishing to establish a new endowment should submit a proposal to COC.
- This proposal will then be reviewed and forwarded to the AHA Corporate Operations Committee, which reports to the Board of Directors.
- COC will also monitor and report trends in Councils’ utilization of restricted funds to create additional awards and scholarships.
- COC will not stipulate amounts of awards which are already defined in the Awards and Lectures Guidelines. Revision to these guidelines will be made in conjunction with input from Councils’ Leadership.