Let us know how you want to get involved with the 3CPR Council. Becoming more involved is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Review the committee options listed below.
- Complete the Council Committee Involvement Form.
- Send us your form.
The Council on Cardiopulmonary, Critical Care, Perioperative and Resuscitation promotes innovative basic and clinical research and training in the investigation of cardiopulmonary disorders and diseases as well as effective emerging care procedures.
Stephen Archer, M.D., FAHA, FACC, FRCP
To provide input into the AHA's science positions as they relate to the council's field of cardiovascular interest.
Guide and direct the council's programs.
Anticipate and appraise areas of developing relevance to the council's objectives and programs.
Develop recommendations for needed activities in science, medicine and research interests, and subjects for conferences that the council believes the association should address.
Approve an annual budget for discretionary fund activities and oversee all expenditures.
Benjamin Abella, M.D., M.P.H.
- Develop and implement strategies for recruitment, retention and the active involvement of members and fellows.
- Continually improve and enhance the council newsletter and Web site to meet the needs of the membership.
- Working with AHA staff, provide and edit content for two pages per quarter in Council Connections, plus expanded pages and other content for the online edition of the council’s newsletter section.
- Working with AHA staff, provide content for the council’s Web site, continually updating and supplementing information.
- The committee will communicate important advocacy issues to the membership as needed and encourage council members to participate in AHA advocacy efforts, including Lobby Day.
Karl Kern, M.D., FAHA
Solicit and develop plans for plenaries, Sunday morning programs, how-to sessions and CV seminars for the AHA’s annual Scientific Sessions.
Assign and monitor grading of abstracts submitted to Scientific Sessions within the categories related to the council’s fields of expertise.
Review applicants for council junior investigator awards to be presented at Scientific Sessions.
Nominating & Awards Committee
Mary Townsley, Ph.D., FAHA
Prepare and present to the Leadership Committee nominations for the following as terms expire:
Officers and members-at-large of the Leadership Committee
Scientific Councils Distinguished Achievement Award (every three years)
Prepare and submit to the AHA Nominating/Awards Committee nominations for the following:
AHA officers, board members, committees and awards
Review fellowship applications and determine a slate of candidates to present to the Leadership Committee.